Sunday, August 17, 2014

Baby Beluga

This post will culminate in a fashion-related point. (Um, sort of.)

Beluga Whale


Beluga whales are the cutest aquatic creatures. They are sweet, squishy, shy, and pacifistic. They always look like they're smiling. I got to meet some at SeaWorld once, including a BABY (omg), and although I have negative feelings about SeaWorld as an institution, it was a delightful experience. (I have yet to watch Blackfish because everyone says it's heartrending. But still.) Beluga whales are my favorite non-pet animal. (Rabbits are my favoritest favorite animal.)

If beluga whales wore clothes, they would wear silly T-shirts and snap-back baseball caps.

beluga whale illustration


beluga whale illustration

14 comments :

  1. Belugas are awesome and such cool animals. I actually have a "beluga encounter" to redeem still from the aquarium I interned at. I'll get to get in the water and touch them! This reminds me that I need to schedule that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them, too! A couple live at the Atlanta Aquarium. So lovely. - Leah, http:stylewiseguide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if that's where Jamie interned =P

      Delete
  3. Belugas are one of my favorite animals too! I've never seen one in person though. Hopefully I will someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how they look like they're smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belugas are awesome, but I've always been partial to humpback whales. Maybe I watched Star Trek IV too many times. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about the beluga art in this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I especially love the sketchy one

      Delete
  7. Haha this is fabulous. "They are sweet, squishy, shy, and pacifistic." That's legitimately a repertoire of the characteristics I'm attracted to in friends and partners. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to start hangin' with beluga whales!

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...