One Kings Lane banner ad

Monday, July 28, 2014

Raw Edges

diy vintage crop-top with lace sailor collar, pastel blue linen midi skirt

Today was manic and anxious, which is never my favorite. I may have brought it on myself by drinking too much coffee at breakfast. Caffeine sets me on a jittery track: sometimes that can make me more productive, but on the other hand it can also shove me out toward the edge. Luckily there wasn't anything in particular on my agenda, and tomorrow is a chance to try again. I'm so grateful that I'm at a point where I can reasonably expect that the bad feelings will pass.

When I consider my outfit in conjunction with my mental health, I'm surprised that I wore a crop-top and a skirt. I tend to dress frumpier if my mood is low, and to avoid fussy pieces. Lace sailor collars are not unfussy! Perhaps the anomaly is related to my dire laundry situation...

diy vintage crop-top with lace sailor collar, pastel blue linen midi skirt diy vintage crop-top with lace sailor collar, pastel blue linen midi skirt diy vintage crop-top with lace sailor collar, pastel blue linen midi skirt

I like that I developed a purple glow in the last picture. No big deal. It seems highly possible that I'm magic.

14 comments :

  1. That top is lovely! It looks so comfortable and airy. I really like this whole outfit.

    http://theleatherfannypack.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gingham, and I agree: caffeine can be awesome and/or make you feel a little crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it's a mind-altering substance =/

      Delete
  3. Anxiety is 100% the worst. But you look absolutely adorable, so I hope the cuteness lifted your mood a little.

    I'm allergic to caffeine, so while it's nice that I'm forced to slow down sometimes, I do always have to get a good night's sleep, as I don't have the option of a stimulant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun <3 Yeah, I usually drink decaf to avoid this problem, but sometimes I forget when I'm out & about.

      Delete
  4. Love it! Tying up blouses in the summer is so fun.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magic seems probable. You actually look pretty serene in the second photo, so I wouldn't have guessed you were feeling anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a pretty outfit! There's a coffee shop near my house that I really like, but every time I get their coffee I get sooo jittery and crazy when normally caffeine doesn't have much of an effect on me. So I make sure I just stick to tea at that place. It's so weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird--maybe they have particularly strong coffee? & Thank you!

      Delete
  7. I adore you & that outfit! You bring it to life, and you also have a cute belly. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...