One Kings Lane banner ad

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Minimalist Embroidered T-Shirt Embellishment

San Francisco t-shirt design, True Clothing

Note: I desaturated these photos, but the colors are still true-to-life. The shirt was already greyscale.

San Francisco t-shirt design, True Clothing, grey embroidery floss

I often browse the men's t-shirt section when I'm thrift-shopping, in search of presents for X. I rarely actually make a purchase, due to worrying that he won't like anything I pick out. This shirt made the cut because he's a proud San Franciscan and the design seemed unlikely to offend based on any aesthetic criteria. I looked up the brand after the fact: True Clothing sells this exact shirt online for $26 and also has a brick-and-mortar on Haight Street.

Because the print was fading, I decided to subtly re-emphasize the design with stitches in matte silver:

San Francisco t-shirt design, True Clothing, minimalist embroidered embellishment San Francisco t-shirt design, True Clothing, minimalist embroidered embellishment

The end. Perhaps I will undertake a more interesting embroidery project soon...

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...