One Kings Lane banner ad

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Prizes & Periwinkle Pleats

Before today's feature presentation (such as it is), I have a sponsored announcement to share:

ModCloth Spring-Time to Shine contest

(That's Marlen on the far right!) ModCloth just launched their "Spring-Time to Shine" contest, which you can enter to win a $50 gift certificate. All you have to do is upload an outfit to their style gallery. Click through for more details!

Moving on... I didn't take proper photos today, but I snapped a couple of selfies, because I've gotten to the point where it feels weird and wrong not to document what I wore (#CultivatedNarcissism):

floral silk shirt & pleated vintage periwinkle skirt

Previously seen here (blouse) & here (skirt).

The reason is that I'm tired from driving around and doing errands, which sounds pathetic but is true. One of my neighbors broke her thumb and needs a lot of help around the house, getting to medical appointments, etc. It's amazing how many things you can't do without both hands! She's been paying me to act as a temporary personal assistant. I would probably (maybe) do it purely out of the goodness of my heart, but having extra money is awesome. Another bonus is becoming better acquainted with this lady. She's nice and we've been bonding over mellow indie albums.

4 comments :

  1. Doing good things for others is never a poor excuse. I like your playful pattern mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pretty much had me at periwinkle :-D

    (Sorry I've been off the radar here for a couple of days - I've only had a mobile device, and Blogger does NOT want to know those, for some reason...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I frikkin love periwinkle. No worries! I always get caught up in things too. I'm about to read like 90 blog posts in my feed, haha

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...