I decided not to take proper photos today because both my yellow cardigan and my blue lace-print dress have shown up in recent outfit posts. The makeup is generic "me but prettier" stuff. In general, I figured a selfie would suffice.
On a different topic, I want to talk about homemade body products. I'm very into easy DIY projects, especially if they indulge my hippie desire to buy the trendiest #OMGorganic ingredients available (e.g. unrefined expeller-pressed coconut oil, which is apparently magical). In that spirit, today I:
- washed my hair with baking soda, since my giant bottle of shampoo finally ran out. I'm going 'poo-free!
- washed my face using the oil cleansing method, which I've been doing for a couple of months now. It hasn't affected my acne, but it does feel really nice. My mixture is half-and-half castor oil and grapeseed oil.
- toned my face with a solution of water and Bragg's apple cider vinegar. I found the instructions on Laurel of Leaves and it's been part of my daily routine for a while. This also hasn't improved my skin except by making it feel prettier. It looks exactly the same.
- whipped up a batch of deodorant, poured it into an empty stick/container thingy, and put it in the refrigerator to solidify. I scented it with clary sage essence, and I'm on the fence about whether that was a good idea. But this is my first attempt and I'm excited!
- made baking soda toothpaste. It tastes lightweight gross, but I can deal with that.
In addition, last night I did a simple sugar scrub, which was very exfoliate-y. I'm not even gonna link to a recipe because it's super easy: 1) Combine regular ol' sugar and a non-comedogenic oil in a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio, according to preference. 2) Gently rub the mixture on your face or whatever other part of your body. 3) Rinse it all off with a washcloth and hot water.
So, assuming that you stuck around through my enthusing, is there anything that you're tempted to try? Or do you have suggestions for me?