One Kings Lane banner ad

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Grunge Bunny

OOTD 11/2/2013

See how I'm kinda squinting at the sun in this picture? Well, so far my whole day has been a bit like trying to look at a bright light: uncomfortable, stressful, irritating... etc. My woes are neither many nor great, but they're bad enough to frazzle my nerves. Number one on my naughty list: TRAFFIC.

Everyone hates traffic. I'm certainly not going to make any enemies by criticizing vehicular congestion, like I might if I expressed ire towards cats or coffee-drinkers. (I don't know why those two things came to mind, since I actually like both kitties and cafes.) Today I drove my little sister to a football game a few towns over--she's a cheerleader--and traffic transformed what should have been a half-hour return trip into an hour-long ordeal. I don't consider myself a particularly impatient person, but inching along on the freeway because two lanes are closed for no apparent reason would frustrate even a saint.

Luckily, you can't see my automotive anger in these photos. I actually think I look quite calm:

OOTD 11/2/2013

I switched locations to avoid the sun. If only it had been so easy to find another route home... Okay, see, this is the thing I hate most about traffic. Even after I'm curled up in my favorite armchair with a mug of milky vanilla tea, I can't stop thinking about the jammed-up freeway! (Deep breaths, Sonya, deep breaths.)

OOTD 11/2/2013

I put this ensemble together based on the old plaid shirt of my dad's. I feel like I've got a grungy '90s vibe going on, a la My So-Called Life. But maybe the vampire necklace disrupts that? So it's more like My So-Called Life meets Twilight. But wait--wouldn't that just be Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Clearly, I have many TV-related questions.

OOTD 11/2/2013 OOTD 11/2/2013 OOTD 11/2/2013 OOTD 11/2/2013 OOTD 11/2/2013

2 comments :

  1. Really loving this outfit. Looks so comfy. And definitely in the style of My So Called Life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this grunge-inspired outfit and all the layering involved :) there is definitely an Angela Chase vibe to this outfit.

    Emmett - Hippie Lace

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...