One Kings Lane banner ad

Sunday, November 3, 2013

October Layers (Paper Edition)

Late October Soft Collage Late October Soft Collage

I've been meaning to post these collages for a while. Both were made sometime during the last month, out of bits and pieces of magazines and miscellany.

Collage is probably my favorite kind of art to make--I find it very soothing. It's perfect to do while half-watching a documentary. In fact, I remember that The Slanted Screen was streaming on Netflix while I was making the second piece. (By the way, if anyone knows who that model is, please tell me so I can credit her!)

Collage and personal style are very similar. Both involve bringing unfinished fragments together to create something new, something whole and unique. There is power in the act of combination! I approach my wardrobe and my stash of paper materials in the same way; I draw inspiration for how I dress from making collages, and vice versa.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...