One Kings Lane banner ad

Friday, August 1, 2014

Bluebell Bookworm

royal blue Sympli dress, short blonde hair, bookshelf

Photo op with my Sympli dress and Lala Pipo. I was just using the book as a prop--I know, shocking--but I have read it previously and can recommend Hideo Okuda's work to those who enjoy sordid stories, which I sometimes do.

The benefit of wearing a basic outfit is that I feel prompted to provide visual variety in other ways. I've been wanting to pose with this bookshelf for months, but indoor photography is so intimidating! Luckily, today's shots turned out well. Now if I can only figure out how to replicate my one-off success... Hmm.

It's always funny to me when I wear something unusually low-cut and you can see a bit of my tattoo. I swear, I don't have smudgy ballpoint scribbles on my chest!

royal blue Sympli dress, short blonde hair, bookshelf

Visible to the right of my head: Come Go Home with Me by Sheila Kay Adams and a couple of Georgette Heyer's Regency romances.

8 comments :

  1. Sometimes it feels nice to be able to just put on one item of clothing and not have to worry about mixing and matching (but other times... it's fun)! I think to those mornings in which I am struggling to get everyone up and out of bed, including myself, and the last thing on my mind is what to wear.

    I think it's neat that your tattoo pops out the top just a bit, but I do see what you mean about it looking like squiggles. There are times that my thigh tattoo will peak out the bottom of a skirt or dress and it looks like I had a fight with a Sharpie marker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you have a tattoo! Well I bet you beat the Sharpie ;P

      Delete
    2. I have three! And yes, I beat the Sharpie to the ground. :D

      Delete
  2. LOL, I find outdoor photography to be the intimidating one! :-D You're right though, these photos with the bookshelf did turn out really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? But the light is so much better outside! & thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I think my favorite thing about summer is just being able to wear one piece of clothing and not stand in front of my closet for ages trying to put something together. These photos did turn out really well! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle mentioned that too! Yeah, it's pretty great :D

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...