One Kings Lane banner ad

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Gal De Gaul

shaggy blonde pixie cut, red lipstick, black long-sleeved shirt, lavender pinafore dress

The other day I was playing at Britishness. Now I should feel French, because of the phrases scrawled on this dress. At some point I'll sit down with Google Translate and find out what messages are emblazoned upon me... actually I will never do that, because I'm much too lazy and not quite curious enough. I think it's just garden stuff. But I did watch [most of] this video about French stereotypes:



Moving on... I thrifted my dress during the cold, flowerless months. Wearing it was enjoyable despite the chilly weather, but a pastel pinafore is especially satisfying when the whole world is blooming. Every season is my favorite while it's happening, but gosh is this one ever great! My dress pairs so well with spring: the lavender/periwinkle color, floral pattern, and lightweight fabric are all perfect. I layered a black shirt underneath for the sake of contrast, and chose my bright berry-leaning lipstick because I didn't want to wear any other makeup. (Red lipstick is sufficient unto itself.) Dark footwear maintained vertical visual balance.

floral lavender pinafore dress with pockets over black long-sleeved shirt, black socks

Do you want a closer look at my socks? On the off chance that you do: I posted a snapshot on Instagram because I'm a dork who is obsessed with how much better the camera is on my new phone. More on that l8r, g8rs.

12 comments :

  1. Um. Yes. You are adorable. You win the internets today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thrifter dress is cute! And I loves it with that shade on your lips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love listening to an accordion played especially for them while going to the bathroom? I sure do. ;D
    Other than being obviously cute, the dress wins the "pockets" award, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obvi. Because French! So naturally accordions! And yes, you know my love of pockets :D

      Delete
  4. Very charming video on French culture, one might even say avant garde, but not at all film noir.... and that's all I've got c'est la vie.

    Yes. When you have pretty red lipstick, you don't need anything else. Adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinafore: awesome. Bright lipstick: awesome. Amusing video: awesome! There is much win in this post, as they say on teh interwebz (or so I hear) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you! I hear all kinds of things about teh interwebz--some of them are scary :3

      Delete
  6. Very cute dress! Looks perfect for a morning stroll through the garden. I know a a little bit of french, but apparently not any of the words on your dress :P Oh well!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...