One Kings Lane banner ad

Monday, March 24, 2014

Nightlife

weekend views

Left: trying on X's sport coat before going out to see La Grande Belleza (The Great Beauty), which we agreed was an extraordinary movie. Right: creepy mask paintings on the wall at Pancho Villa; I wish I had thought to note the artist's name. The photos are actually in non-chronological order, since we went to the taqueria first, on Saturday afternoon. We got burritos (and at least four kinds of salsa) to eat while people-watching in the sun at Golden Gate Park. Neither of us finished our food. The weather was bright but breezy, and there were certainly plenty of human antics on display. One mildly dirty guy charmed a couple of German girls into buying dollar cigarettes from his battered backpack. A busy gopher completely ignored the eager phone filmographers who I assume featured him on their Instagrams.

I mentioned this morning that it was a rough weekend, but obviously there were enjoyable parts. Sorry for vague-blogging, but the details aren't necessarily mine to splash all over the internet. I have very little respect for privacy in general, but there are some things that I don't talk about. It almost makes me miss having an anonymous Tumblr. But I don't want to go back to that. I decided that it's healthier for me to live one life, not to cultivate layers of disclosure and secrecy, only exposing my candid feelings to strangers.

Oops, that got personal.

8 comments :

  1. I too have been struggling lately with that line between personal and not personal on the blog. It's hard sometimes because part of me would love to share more, but then I'm like....wait. The whole world can see this! Then, I hold back a bit.

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's hard to find a balance! I guess we gotta keep on toeing that line.

      Delete
  2. I don't fear that some creepy pervert will show up at my house because I gave my opinions on lip balm (and I do have opinions), but I do feel that there is a TMI barrier. Healthy boundaries are good on the net, just like in relationships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. But I'm laughing at the idea of someone showing up and being like *knocks on door* "You shared some thoughts on Burt's Bees that I really find objectionable..."

      Delete
  3. I tend to assume that no-one would be interested in the stuff that I would share if I 'overshared' :-D Plus, I find some old diaries I wrote embarrassing enough years later without creating the same thing on a public, international platform! I feel like I would come back to my old posts and be like 'OMG, Syl, arrgh, what were you thinking...' :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have old diaries like that too! I think we'd all be interested in a rogue's over-sharing. . .

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you had a rough weekend. At least part of seems like it was enjoyable though :) Four kinds of salsa sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah <3 They were actually too spicy for me! If only I had a braver tongue!

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...