One Kings Lane banner ad

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Troy Will Fall

OOTD 11/9/2013

Yesterday I went to see a play with my dad: Shakespeare's Troilus and Cressida at Impact Theatre in Berkeley. The performance was excellent, and tickets are only $20, so if you're a live theater fan in the Bay Area, you should definitely check it out! Also, T&C doesn't get performed as often as other Shakespeare plays, such as the semi-similar Romeo and Juliet, but it has a much more credible plot, and I find that it provokes further reflection much more effectively. After seeing Romeo and Juliet (which I've unfortunately done multiple times) all I can ever talk about is how incredibly stupid the story is. After seeing Troilus and Cressida, my dad and I discussed the state of world affairs. Make of that what you will. Actually, I encourage you to go see the play and then draw your own conclusions!

Local note aside, plays are kinda like my thing with my dad. We've been attending them together since I was in high school. Every year he buys season tickets to a couple of theater companies' productions, and we go to every one. When I left for college, my dad was pretty bummed that his theater buddy was gone. So it's a good thing that was only a brief excursion. (I dropped out for medical reasons--depression--and came home, where I've been ever since.)

OOTD 11/9/2013

About my outfit: not actually ideal for clambering around on a big rock. The skirt is a repurposed strapless top.

OOTD 11/9/2013 OOTD 11/9/2013 OOTD 11/9/2013 OOTD 11/9/2013

I looove this necklace. My mom was going to get rid of it, because the pendant was on a chain of scratchy, uncomfortable coral. I exchanged that for a regular ol' chain. Now I can have a scarred, green Ursa Major hanging from my neck whenever I wish!

OOTD 11/9/2013

2 comments :

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...