One Kings Lane banner ad

Friday, November 8, 2013

Shapeless

OOTD 11/7/2013

Today is a day for taking photos through leaves. And being visited by bunnies:

OOTD 11/7/2013

You can see Pumpkin at the bottom of the picture. She was nosing around my feet, probably hoping that I'd give her something tasty. (There are more bunny photos near the end of the post, FYI.)

Today is also a day for not ironing--both shirts and the skirt are wrinkly. (To be honest, every day is a day for not ironing. I also don't ever bother to get anything dry cleaned. I just throw stuff in the washing machine and hope for the best.) A day for not caring about whether my outfit "shows my figure"--which it doesn't. A day for staying hydrated, because Zero Style Blog reminded me to. A day for hanging out with pets, and a day for feeling sad.

About that last one: Our family parakeet is sick, and yesterday we found out that he probably has a tumor. He's really not doing well. It hurts to see him suffering, and it hurts to know that he'll be gone soon. Pickle is a bright, chirpy, friendly little bird, and he will be missed very much. It might sound silly, but I'm turning to our other pets for moral support. The dog is sleeping next to me as I type this, and I'm glad that he's here.

OOTD 11/7/2013

Today is a day for no makeup. Although I'll probably put some on later, when I head out for my date. And pick out something different to wear--something more, well, date-like.

OOTD 11/7/2013

The rabbits were quite curious about my camera equipment. They had to investigate:

OOTD 11/7/2013

Bunnies are quite difficult to photograph. They move around a lot, and although they're very inquisitive, they also get distracted easily. You end up with a lot of pictures like these:

OOTD 11/7/2013 OOTD 11/7/2013

But I'm okay with that, because blurs can be evocative.

OOTD 11/7/2013 OOTD 11/7/2013

5 comments :

  1. So sorry to hear about your bird, but animals can sense when something's wrong with their humans so they'll be there for you throughout. Keep your spirits high, lady.

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, shoot--thanks for that comment on my blog. I just want to let you know that I did not mean that as something to make fun of? I wasn't trying to be ~witty and hilarious~ because I would never poke at someone for that of all things. However, I can see why you read it as that, and in response, yeah, I really should have picked a better term. Man, last year I even wrote an essay arguing essentially the same thing as your comment. Shame on me! Sometimes we type things and we don't think them through and for that, I truly apologize! I was just picturing myself in the future as an old lady with fishnets. I guess in that case I should edit out what I wrote and replace it as "sexy old lady me," because that's what I meant. Totally a not thinking moment. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

    Oh dear!! I am sorry to hear about your parakeet. Hopefully it shall start to tweet and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied on your blog post, but just in case, I want to say that I really appreciate this reaction. Thank you!

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...