One Kings Lane banner ad

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Catahoulagans

OOTD 11/6/2013 Catahoula Coffee Company OOTD 11/6/2013 Catahoula Coffee Company

These photos were taken in the parking lot of Catahoula Coffee Company, my favorite local cafe. Catahoula is a roastery as well as a coffeehouse, and in general their focus is on producing really good coffee in an ethical, sustainable way. See the "no char" mug on the mural? That's kinda like their motto. I'm not even a coffee snob--I've been to Starbucks more than a few times--and Catahoula still impresses me. They have the most delicious foamy lattes. All in all, it's a blessing that the only indie cafe near my house is a place that I'm delighted to support!

If a cafe's visual atmosphere doesn't appeal to me, I won't frequent the place, no matter how much I like their politics or their milky caffeinated beverages. (I'm a very aesthetically oriented person--that's probably obvious, since this is a style blog.) Luckily, Catahoula looks as good as the lattes taste! Today I photographed some of my favorite elements of the decor.

OOTD 11/6/2013 Catahoula Coffee Company

This painting looks exactly like the outside of the shop. (Yes, those cobwebs are leftover from Halloween.)

OOTD 11/6/2013 Catahoula Coffee Company

The clock that sits above the milk-and-sugar station. It always makes me feel like I'm in a movie--one directed by Wes Anderson and Quentin Tarantino. (I mean that in a good way.)

One of my favorite things that they do at Catahoula is display sketches of all the baristas. It makes it easy to get to know the people who work there.

OOTD 11/6/2013 Catahoula Coffee Company OOTD 11/6/2013 Catahoula Coffee Company

And next to the cash register there are cup cozies, which I actually think would make great bracelets.

OOTD 11/6/2013 Catahoula Coffee Company

The company was named after the founder's dog, so her portrait is part of their logo. And here's the roaster:

OOTD 11/6/2013 Catahoula Coffee Company

It's very picturesque, isn't it? Almost steampunk. And I admit that I had no idea what a roaster looked like before coming to Catahoula. I like a cafe that's educational as well as caffeinating!

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...