One Kings Lane banner ad

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Milk & Magic

white cardigan with bell sleeves, purple tie-dye patterned dress

It's nerve-wracking to wear this cardigan, because any pristine white garment seems to be calling out for a spill. I wore an apron during lunch, but I can't let my guard down. You never know when your hand is going to slip and tea will splash out of your mug. Luckily I've avoided that fate so far!

Today I made milk from shredded coconut. I'm cutting out dairy (mostly) for a few weeks to see if it affects my skin. I didn't use a specific recipe, but here are two that seem legit: on Crunchy Betty & Healthful Pursuit. I recommend using a French press if you don't have other straining options. And save the pulp to bake with!

I started rereading Marion Zimmer Bradley's The Mists of Avalon. I love Arthurian/Grail legends, especially when told from a feminine perspective. #Herstory, whattup! Medieval witch-ladies = awesome. Remember when I was an enchantress for Halloween?

white cardigan with bell sleeves, purple tie-dye patterned dress

10 comments :

  1. I love that cardigan every time you wear it. So feminine.

    Have you had an allergy test? Not that it should stop you from coconut milk. Yum, coconut milk. I'm actually sitting here with a bottle of fresh coconut water + pulp (which is too sweet for me) and I'm about to add it to my tea. *cue the protests from tea-purists*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom has good taste, huh? =)

      I haven't had an allergy test, but I really should. My mom suggested the no-dairy thing because she wondered if it might be the source of my persistent low-level sniffles.

      Delete
    2. Your mom is wise.

      Delete
  2. The Mists of Avalon is one of my favorite books ever. You might enjoy the Wicked series, too. Love that cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard mixed reviews. It's probably worth giving it a try. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I'm the same with any kind of white garment! Hope your dairy experiment yields results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried almond milk? I could never part with my cow-generated yoghurt (moo!), but my sister swears by it! Hope the plan helps your skin!

    The outfit is gorgeous, and I totally know what you mean by the whole 'white garment waiting for a chocolate stain' phenomenon. It's one of the advantages of a rogue's predominantly dark wardrobe...the blood, hinge grease and chocolate don't show up as much ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have *tried* almond milk, but not much! That's another one to experiment with! I really like almond flour.

      Delete
  5. Hehe I hope you successfully kept this cardigan free of spills or other mishaps. It really suits you.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...