One Kings Lane banner ad

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Walrus Is Somebody Or Other

rumpled blue sweatshirt with green bow brooch, green floral skirt, navy blue leggings

Photos show that I was much more rumpled today than previously estimated. High rumple rates observed upon reviewal of the data! (I am frankly shocked that "reviewal" is not widely recognized as a legitimate word. Or at all recognized.) Writing "rumple" makes me think of Horace Slughorn from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Here's a fan-made illustration that demonstrates what I mean:




In other fancy news, I have a promising date tomorrow, with a guy who describes his life thusly: "I'm a student with two jobs raising a little girl by myself. In my spare time I sleep." His occupations sound a thousand times more high-key and noble than mine, but that's probably okay. The reason I bring this up is that despite my predilection for older men, I've never gone out with someone who's a dad, so that might be weird. Any tips, in case it goes well?

rumpled blue sweatshirt with green bow brooch, green floral skirt, navy blue leggings handmade green-and-coral floral bow brooch green eyeshadow, coral lipstick

My recent excursions into the land of eyeshadow have been inspired by Brightest Bulb In the Box, The Painted Rogue, Unpack the Box, and Matte Kat (in order of when I encountered them). Makeup blogs make me wanna up my makeup game! Although, to be precise, Unpack the Box is not just about cosmetics. I have a mighty love of quirky subscription descriptions.

12 comments :

  1. How about "reviewage"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuddly sweaters FTW! I'm wearing one of mine today ^_^

    I'm glad I've inspired you to refuel your makeup addiction! *doffs hat*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five! Mine used to be my dad's. And double high five for the makeup inspo :)

      Delete
  3. I envy your collection of bows and bow products. On the guy front, I dated someone with a similar situation during my undergrad and it was surprisingly ok. I love kids so that wasn't a problem at all, and the mom was 100 percent out of the picture so never had to deal with that. I presume it can weird if the mother is super involved, but otherwise, my advice is to ditch the social stigmas regarding younger single dads and go for it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marie! That really helps! & if this turns into something I will definitely be asking you for more advice.

      Delete
  4. glad it went well! hmm i guess that would be interesting if things get serious.i had a friend in college who dated a guy w/ a son and the dad didn't really have them hang out all together much bcuz he had in the past and the kid got attached to the gal and then was sad when the couple broke up. maybe that's something to consider, maybe not. i have no personal experience w/ it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely understand that--if I had a kid I would want to protect them & have their lives be as stable as possible too. I guess I'll see how it goes & keep y'all updated!

      Delete
  5. Your makeup is totally fetching. Nods and agrees with poster who said 'ditch the social stigmas.' Walk in with wide-open eyes and make your own decisions. ~offers crystalized pineapple~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For both the perspective and the crystallized pineapple :)

      Delete
  6. Aww thanks for the mention hun! I love the eyeshadow it looks great! Also a huge fan of that bow.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...