One Kings Lane banner ad

Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Kingdom For A Horse

OOTD 12/18/2013

If you've seen Say Anything, you know that 1) Lloyd Dobler is adorable and 2) he has a unique perspective on work. In case you haven't watched the movie or don't remember that particular speech, here it is: "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that." (Quote via IMDb.) I feel you, Lloyd. Capitalism is a huge bummer.

Of course, that is completely unrelated to my outfit. The teal denim-ish pants are a new thrift find. It's always fun to wear something for the first time! I also quite enjoy this color palette of peach, grey, and blue-green. (Not to mention my stained, ripped-up lavender flats. Let's ignore that part.)

OOTD 12/18/2013 OOTD 12/18/2013 OOTD 12/18/2013 OOTD 12/18/2013

8 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I should have gotten a more in-focus picture of them, but I, um, am lazy, so. . .

      Delete
  2. You look so sweet in your photos! Lovely! Your writing is great too :-) Followed back!

    ( I am envious of your wardrobe vareity - a rogue's can get rather monotone after a while, and then you never want to war anything nice in case you get Beholder on it)

    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I love those deep teal skinnies! I got a pair early last year and the color just isn't as rich as the ones you have. I was so disappointed. Why do on-line stores turn up the contrast on product photos. Jesus. >_<

    Anyway, you look beautiful, but you already knew that. So...yeah. Ok bye.

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang it, online stores! That's a bummer. And thank you!

      Delete
  4. You look adorable! I love the pale peach and the deep teal together. I frequently come back to a similar scheme (sort of makes me think of the beach. The colour of the sand and water, etc.) but haven't gone for it yet for whatever reason. They look just lovely on you :)

    Jenny Lee
    http://thedictioncanary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to see that color combo on you, with your gorgeous red hair! It is beachy. I like that description, and it didn't occur to me.

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...